Tuesday 31 October 2017

Increasing audio lag in videos while in-game

If I watch a video on my second screen while playing certain games, the audio increasingly desyncs from the video, at about 0,5 seconds lag per 10 minutes. This happens with streaming videos in browser, as well as with local files in WMP and MP-HC. Thing is, it only happens with certain games (Shadow of War and Warhammer Total War 2) and not at all with others (Assassin's Creed Origins and Just Cause 3). I'm completely at my wits' end at this point, so I'd be grateful for any ideas.

My pc is a i5-7660k, 16GB RAM, GTX1070, SSD and conventional HDD, Windows 10. I have tried the following to fix this:

  • completely un- and reinstall graphics driver, with and without GeForce Experience
  • adjust process priority in task manager up or down
  • disabled and enabled hardware acceleration in Chrome settings
  • moved affected games to another HDD
  • updated chipset driver
  • updated audio driver
  • deleted games and any related folders
  • tried every Windows power management setting
  • turning ingame settings to minimum

None of these had even an incremental effect on the lag. It also persisted through the Fall Creator's Update. Please, if anyone has any ideas, share. It's driving me up the wall.



Submitted November 01, 2017 at 07:00AM by Szymaniak http://ift.tt/2iQdfqi

No comments:

Post a Comment