Tuesday 31 October 2017

Custom PC freezing during gaming, temperatures fine

Hello techsupport, first time here.

My PC specs are as the following: -Ryzen 1600 OC'ed to 3.8ghz -RX 580 -16gb RAM clocked at 2933mhz

When I play games (really any game installed on my computer), the game and the whole computer will occasionally freeze up (usually once a session). Temperatures seem to be fine according to Afterburner as I play, and it happens for every game (League of Legends, PUBG, Mount and Blade, etc). When this happens, I can't alt-tab or anything and I can often still hear sound. The only way to get out of the freeze is to ctrl-alt-delete and sign out or restart my computer. To counteract this, I have been leaving a word file open so that when I press sign out, it will stop a full sign out because of the save prompt.

I am not sure what is going on, the OC seems to be stable since the computer doesn't shut down outright, perhaps in the RAM? But even if its RAM I'd assume it would still shut down completely.

Any help would be appreciated, and thank you in advance!



Submitted October 31, 2017 at 01:04PM by asciisii http://ift.tt/2A2hT8D

No comments:

Post a Comment