Monday 30 October 2017

Dying Motherboard?

I've got a Dell XPS Windows 7 64 bit PC that I've been poking at for the last week. It came to me because the user couldn't get a network connection, and neither can I.

It has both an Ethernet connection and a built in wifi antenna on the board. Neither work, even after uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers from the manufacturer's site. I've also tried a USB wifi adapter, but same story.

So, my next thought is that there's a windows service that's failing to start. I run a sfc, everything passes. I do a disk check, everything is happy. Still no connection, so I try a system restore. It fails. I run a system refresh from a windows 7 disk, and it's hanging at the welcome screen.

I'm starting to think this is a hardware issue, any suggestions?



Submitted October 30, 2017 at 09:18PM by TyrKiyote http://ift.tt/2xyD6p5

No comments:

Post a Comment