Monday 30 October 2017

Could my roommate's WiFi extender be screwing up the WiFi overall?

My roommate decided to go out and buy a WiFi extender because he "doesn't get good enough WiFi in his room." Coincidentally, our original WiFi network seems to get much worse whenever it is plugged in. I had 4 buddies over for a fantasy football draft at the start of September, and our internet straight up was not working until I finally unplugged his extender, at which point it began to work perfectly again. Every once in a while, our internet will slow to a crawl, and it is usually fixed by unplugging his extender.

Could this extender be the problem, or am I just imagining it? We also live in a house with 5 other guys, so maybe that contributes to it? He is very stubborn so I'd have to provide him with an exact technical reason why he can't keep his extender.

EDIT: He is pretty technologically inept so there is a decent chance that if there are any steps to setting up the wireless extender other than plugging it in, he screwed those up.



Submitted October 31, 2017 at 02:54AM by noteverynameistaken1 http://ift.tt/2gPivpW

No comments:

Post a Comment