Tuesday 31 October 2017

Can't access new routers settings page

Ok so here's the deal. My workplace has free wifi but it kinda sucks but my boss let me install my own router so i could get a better internet connection in my office.

I bought a Linksys WRT 1900ACS and connected it to the switch near my office and the router works since i can connect to it and am able to get a good internet connection, but the problem is that i can't for the life of me access the setting of this router. 192.168.1.1 or the linksys smart wifi page doesn't work either (i can log in but it tells me to install some firmware but i can't install the firmware since i can't access the router).

Now i tried some troubleshooting on my own and wasn't successful and even the Linksys tech support were kind of lost...

Connecting directly to the switch does not work as i cannot get a internet connection from it for some reason but once i connect the router to the switch and connect to the router it magically works.

I found out that there once was a it guy that set up the existing network and there is a big Zyxel ZyWall USG 100 that the switch is connected to. So when i write in the IP address to access the router it takes me to the Zyxel's log in page.

Here is a picture i made in paint to help you visualize how the network is connected.



Submitted October 31, 2017 at 01:31PM by nintendonoob http://ift.tt/2zT2ztX

No comments:

Post a Comment