Tuesday 31 October 2017

Upgrade from GTX 770 to RX 580 causing serious issues.

Operating System

Windows 10

Computer Specs (PSU, GPU, CPU, RAM, Motherboard)

PSU: Corsair HX 750wGPU: Radeon Sapphire NITRO RX 580 8GBCPU: Core i5-6600k Skylake 3.5ghzRAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 3000MHzMOBO: ASUS Z170 ATX DDR4

Speccy Link

http://ift.tt/2ijc7HD

Description of problem

After upgrading from my GTX 770 to my RX 580, I have been having multiple issues. Previously, I was my 770 had 2 DVI ports on the back, which I was using with both of my monitors. My other monitor is not listed (BENQ XL2411Z) because this leads to my first issue. The RX 580 has 1 DVI port, 2 HDMI and 2 DP. The XL2411z can only do either HDMI or DVI, but I want to use the 144hz refresh rate, so i have to use the DVI connection. I didn't think this would be an issue, so I was just using either an HDMI or DP cable for my other monitor, because I didn't care about the refresh rate as much, as it is just my second monitor for web browsing and such while gaming. My issue here is that when I am connected this way, my DVI-connected monitor will start to turn on and off, saying "No cable detected" and constantly cause my windows to go back and forth between monitors until I unplug that monitor.Second issue is I seem to get completely random crashes while gaming, most notably in R6: Siege, where as soon as a match starts, my game crashes. I also crashed a few times loading TW:W2, and have had some strange graphical bugs in Destiny 2 and Shadow of Mordor, to the point that I had to restart the game because I couldn't see. I have uninstalled all previous graphics drivers, and even wiped my computer in an attempt to fix these issues, and have yet to find something that works. I have even tried just going HDMI with both monitors to no avail (however I don't want this to work anyway because it defeats the point of having a 144hz monitor), and finally I have tried just using one monitor, but that isn't really a fix either. I apologize if this post is somewhat all over the place, but I don't know what else to try and I haven't found a similar issue to mine through research. I also should have realized that the Newegg warranty for this card is replacement only, and is coming up soon, so if it sounds like the card itself is just faulty I would try to return it.

When this issue began

~ 1 week ago

Recurring issue

Yes

Date of purchase

N/A

Under Warranty

Yes

Cause/Steps to recreate the issue

The 2 monitor issue is the easiest to recreate, as I just plug in both monitors and end up having this cable not detected problem.

What I've tried so far to resolve the issue

  • Uninstalling all previous drivers via DDU, then installing the most updated AMD drivers- Wiping and reinstalling Windows 10- Using various combinations of DVI, HDMI and DP cables to see if any combination works


Submitted November 01, 2017 at 07:58AM by Fellborn http://ift.tt/2A3uEj7

No comments:

Post a Comment