Monday 30 October 2017

Help on where to start to trouble shoot with a laptop

Yesterday I was heavy using my MSI laptop, I do not remember the model number I know I has a Core I7 with 16 gig ram, a 256 SSD, 1TB HDD, Nvidia GTX 1060.

I was playing final Fantasy xiv, Encoding a video and burning it with DVDstyler, and transferring video video from an Iphone to the computer.

The computer blue screened. and then rebooted, it said not finding a boot drive. and it tossed me into the Bios, I checked the bios and it did not see the SSD only the 1TB, I disabled fast boot. and power cycled the laptop. I checked Windows event viewer and I see some red errors and red crticials, but I did not understand them.

What concerned me was that the SSD disappeared in the Bios. I could accept that the laptop trip thermal and shut down, but when it re-booted and tossed me to Bios it scared me,

any advice on how to trouble shoot. I am at work so I do not have access to paste the windows event viewer, I can paste that if there is a need.

Any help would be great



Submitted October 31, 2017 at 06:08AM by andracowolf http://ift.tt/2zktBOD

No comments:

Post a Comment