Monday 30 October 2017

My PC started lagging like crazy -- everything's so slow, and I don't know why.

I have a GTX 1080 and i7 7700k. My PC is less than a year old, and it was running fine last night, but this morning after I woke up I started playing a game only to see that I had 5 FPS on it and I could barely look around since it was stuttering so much.

Since then, I've formatted Windows 10 fully to make sure it wasn't malware and also ran chkdsk and scandisk to check for hard drive errors. The results came back fine. I barely got around to installing my GPU drivers and stuff since Microsoft Edge was too laggy. System settings wouldn't open for a bit, and then the GPU driver installation took like 40 minutes, instead of 5 minutes like it used to. I'm almost positive it's a hardware problem now, but I can't pinpoint what. Everything seems to be okay... But it's just so slow and heavy.



Submitted October 31, 2017 at 03:28AM by sailaza http://ift.tt/2ig3huk

No comments:

Post a Comment