Monday 30 October 2017

Razer Naga Hex is messing up keyboards on any computer it is plugged into.

So, I've had this mouse for years, and have never had any problems until now. About a month ago, I noticed that on my laptop, certain keys would sometimes not work. These keys were c, f, r, backspace, 0, 8, and 9. I just ignored it at the time, but, now the same keys don't work at all. I have a feeling it's my mouse, because I plugged it into my desktop a few days ago and then keys on that keyboard instantly stopped working as well. T, C, 4, and a few others that I don't remember. Additionally, even when the mouse is removed the same keys STILL don't work. I've also already tried uninstalling/reinstalling keyboard/mouse drivers, along with unplugging the mouse and THEN uninstalling/reinstalling keyboard/mouse drivers. I'm certain this is a driver issue despite the above not working. Some notes that might help:

  • The mouse has 6 number keys on the side of it, which is what I think is causing the confliction

  • There were two "Razer Naga Hex" Drivers.. One under mouse drivers, and one under keyboard. The keyboard is now called "HID Keyboard Device" After uninstalling. I've tried taking this driver and updating it back up to the naga hex driver.. But when I do this everything is still broken.

  • Before, sometimes, when holding down another key on the keyboard, the ones that normally wouldn't work, would. For example, the f key wouldn't work normally, but if I held down another key such as down arrow key, and then press the f key while holding the arrow key down, the f key would work. This doesn't happen anymore though.

Does anyone have any idea?? This is a VERY frustrating problem, especially since this is affecting my work computer. Please help!!



Submitted October 30, 2017 at 10:15PM by Stabegabe http://ift.tt/2z3hKDT

No comments:

Post a Comment