Monday 30 October 2017

Turned on my computer this morning with no peripherals working. After getting it to work and then failing multiple times, I'm out of solutions.

Hi all.

Last night I was on my PC and shut it off normally before I went to bed. When I went to turn it on this morning, the computer failed to start. Usually when I turn on the computer the lights on my keyboard and mouse turn on briefly after a second or two. However now they turn on for a second or two as soon as I press the power button. The monitor would usually then display a splash screen however now it doesn't turn on at all.

I decided to restart it, and it worked for about 30 minutes. At this point it didn't bluescreen, but had columns of brown all the way down. The audio from the video I was watching continued for about 4 seconds before it stopped playing. I powered off the computer by holding the power button.

I restarted a few times and the computer never booted normally. I opened the side panel and saw that all the fans were working. I took the ram out and put it back in again, turned it on, and it worked again for about another 30 minutes, until it crashed again but with red columns this time.

After restarting and replacing the ram it still wouldn't start, and I'm not sure what else to do. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Not sure if this means anything but when the computer is working normally, to turn it off via the power button I have to hold it down for a few seconds, which is normal. However now I only have to press it and it turns off immediately. I don't have a speaker plugged into my motherboard but I can buy one if you guys think it would help.



Submitted October 31, 2017 at 03:14AM by shtery http://ift.tt/2ls6Dz4

No comments:

Post a Comment