Monday 30 October 2017

How to Stop Windows 10 Updates (forever)?

Operating System

Windows 10

Computer Specs (PSU, GPU, CPU, RAM, Motherboard)

Windows 10 Home, Version 1511, Intel Core i5-2300 CPU @2.80 GHz, 8 GB Ram, 64 bit operating system.

Speccy Link

N/A

Description of problem

My computer will not support the latest Windows 10 updates. It will download an update, start to install it, then get stuck at 87% and lock up. Every time this happens my computer is out of commission for an hour or so because it has to restart and revert to the previous install (after a few hard resets). I confirmed with Windows tech support that my machine simply won't support future updates. All I want to do now is end the auto updates for good.

When this issue began

2 months ago

Recurring issue

Yes

Date of purchase

N/A

Under Warranty

No

Cause/Steps to recreate the issue

The updates automatically happen.

What I've tried so far to resolve the issue

I've changed the settings to ask me before the updates are installed, but after a few days it reverts to doing it automatically.



Submitted October 31, 2017 at 06:44AM by podcartfan http://ift.tt/2A1E92z

No comments:

Post a Comment