Tuesday 31 October 2017

[Mac] Trying to restore my Mac from a Time Machine backup but I keep getting an error

I made this post which details the issues I've been having. tl;dr my hard drive seems to have some sort of corruption due to removing a Windows partition from my MacBook.

I wasn't able to solve my problem through anything I tried so I made a back up and erased my Mac HD using Disk Utility in Recovery Mode. Now when I turn on the computer I get the option to restore my MacBook from a Time Machine backup which I have on an external drive. However, each time I do this I get some sort of error and have to restart the laptop.

I guess at this point there must actually be something wrong with the computer's SSD and it wasn't a software issue like I thought before. Is it possible that something is wrong with the backup and not the drive? Any suggestions?



Submitted November 01, 2017 at 08:14AM by bassinastor http://ift.tt/2A3BVj0

No comments:

Post a Comment