Tuesday 31 October 2017

Failed to install RSAT

So I'm trying to install the KB958830 so I have access to the RSAT. So I try to install this and then it asks for a reboot, so I do this. While rebooting it says "configuring windows updates..." and then it shuts down, it starts again. Still "configuring windows updates". After a while it says "Failure to configur windows updates, reverting changes" and it never installed.

When looking in the event viewer it says: Package KB958830 failed to be changed to the Installed state. Status: 0x80070005. Which is like an access denied thing. I'm probably overlooking something obvious, but I can't see it.

Things I tried: Disable proxy, disable AV, install with domain admin account, change some regkeys etc. I tried a lot but I can't seem to fix it.



Submitted October 31, 2017 at 01:40PM by Brenttouza http://ift.tt/2zT2xSR

No comments:

Post a Comment