Monday 30 October 2017

My computer blows out the internet once a week, and it's gettin' awfully annoying.

Windows 10 64bit. i5. 8 GB RAM.

I use this computer as a Plex server, so it's on 24/7. But once a week, usually on Thursdays, it completely blows out the internet in my apartment. As in, no device will connect either wirelessly or over LAN. When I turn off the computer, everything goes back to normal... until a week later, when it happens all over again.

This weekend was the final straw as it blew out on the first day of a long weekend vacation, and of course the only way to fix it would have been to drive back eight hours to turn it off and on again.

I thought it might be a Windows update thing, but I've had them paused for two weeks hoping it would fix the problem. No luck.

How can I figure out what program and/or problem is causing this to happen?



Submitted October 31, 2017 at 08:25AM by PabloMunoz http://ift.tt/2hoLrFS

No comments:

Post a Comment