Monday 30 October 2017

Macbook Air can't detect my two seperate USB mics

Operating System

MacOS

Computer Specs (PSU, GPU, CPU, RAM, Motherboard)

Macbook AirSpecs shouldn't matter too much in this.

Speccy Link

N/A

Description of problem

Hey /Techsupport/I recently bought two Blue Yeti USB mics for making a podcast. A problem occured that my Macbook Air can't detect the mics as two seperate mics, making me unable to use both mics for recording.I tried using the two mics on my PC and it was able to differentiate the two mics - doesn't work on mac though.I was wondering if maybe a USB-dock can solve the problem making my Macbook able to seperate the two mics. Any help is appreciated.

When this issue began

When I tried plugging in my two Yetis at once and found out that the mics are running the same USB serial.

Recurring issue

Yes

Date of purchase

N/A

Under Warranty

No

Cause/Steps to recreate the issue

Macbook Air can't seperate the two USB plug-ins because of the mics carrying the same USB serial.

What I've tried so far to resolve the issue

I've messaged Blue Mics since I've read they can reprogram the serial to seperate the mics.I'm currently trying to figure out if an USB-dock can solve the problem.



Submitted October 31, 2017 at 06:04AM by The_Vivaldi http://ift.tt/2iP0j3D

No comments:

Post a Comment