Tuesday 31 October 2017

Chrome issues with XPS 15 touchpad

Hey r/techsupport, I have been experimenting with a bunch of browsers for quite a while. I have been switching between opera, microsoft edge, and chrome for the past few months and am trying to make up my mind on which one to use primarily. I loved using chrome on my older MacBook Pro because of the nice, smooth scrolling. When I upgraded to a dell xps 15 the scrolling in chrome compared to microsoft edge had a noticeable difference because of issues with microsoft's precision touchpads. Microsoft edge feels super fast and has almost instant response. I have researched this all over the internet and cannot come to a conclusion as to why chrome has this atrocious scrolling on a windows precision touchpad compared to a mac touchpad. I know windows touchpads aren't that good but that doesn't explain why edge is so responsive. I really liked using chrome before because I use google docs and drive and youtube all the time and would like to continue to use the easy account management chrome has. Opera's scrolling is better than in chrome but nowhere near like microsoft edge. I have tried all the scrolling extensions for chrome like smoothscroll and a few others. I have also tried messing around in chrome:flags and I cannot get the same scrolling experience as I get in microsoft edge. I do not need to use chrome for the extension support as I only use adblock and edge has an adblock extension and opera has a built in adblock. So, is it worth sticking with chrome and dealing with the atrocious stuttery, slow scrolling? Or, is it worth switching to edge for good and leaving chrome behind me?

Any suggestions are appreciated.



Submitted October 31, 2017 at 09:54PM by Jacob_M33 http://ift.tt/2A48Jsg

No comments:

Post a Comment