Tuesday 31 October 2017

GPU acting weird as f*ck

Hey guys. Yesterday I noticed that if I really max out a game, I only get 30fps, with 30-40% GPU utilization. I'm sure it's not a CPU bottleneck, cause the CPU is only utilized at 10-20%. I changed the Nvidia power setting to "prefer maximum performance" (it was on optimal), and it got even weirder. Without doing anything really, my GPU's clockspeed is high, so is the temperatures.

When playing a game on max settings with that power setting, I have the same thing. http://ift.tt/2iN8LRc I'm testing it with Minecraft, yes, with shaders cause it's really demanding, and this game launches the fastest.

Vsync is turned to 'Fast', because if it is off, my screen is tearing. (it is 60hz) Latest nvidia drivers. (388.13) EVGA GTX 1070 SC ACX 3.0. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: changed to adaptive power, same thing in games, except my idle temps are ok. 'Game mode' on or off, same thing.



Submitted October 31, 2017 at 06:02PM by kotn3l http://ift.tt/2zlqrdF

No comments:

Post a Comment