Monday 30 October 2017

Machine Check exception opinion?

As probably, obviously deduced, I've just received a blue screen followed by, "were sorry.... machine check exception". I was mining on the side (as a bit of a test hobby) as I have been doing for about a month now, overnight when it happened. My machine boots into Bios fine and stays running and temps are low. Did a bios flash and still getting machine check exception. More a brainstorming request -- as I don't see any physical evidence of malfunction right off the bat and Bios continues to operate soundly as well as I get visual and audio from my vcard... does anyone have an opinion on the most likely area at fault. Naturally I jump to the HDD but, it does seem like a lackluster excuse for failure especially being only a few months old and having been stressing other components at the time of failure. I still need to disassemble and bench but I figured I'd stop here first. Always great to hear experienced peer's points of view before I end up in a money hole in the wrong direction. I understand mining was the most likely cause, at least took part in, but seems weird none the less.

msi Z170a evga gtx970 i5 (dont remember off the top of my head 2.7ghz) non-K (this is mildly overclocked with a stock fan, 1.09v constant) evga 750ps seagate 4tb 4x 2400 corsair dimm



Submitted October 31, 2017 at 12:27AM by soboro http://ift.tt/2gNA7SV

No comments:

Post a Comment