Monday 31 July 2017

Random hanging/freezing after Windows 10 Creators Update

After installing the Windows 10 Creators update I've been getting random freezes/hangs. No blue screen or anything, everything just freezes and any audio that was playing turns into loud buzzing. Nothing will close or open during this, forcing me to power off my PC and reboot it. I've had task manager opened up while it froze before to see if I can catch a glimpse of what causes this but nothing seemed out of ordinary. The most common times it'll freeze seem to be during video watching or game playing. It has frozen from the simplest of games to the most intensive (For my PC that is). Here are some specs pulled from Speccy. Thanks for any help provided.

OS - Windows 10 Home 64-bit

CPU - AMD FX-4100 Zambezi 32nm Technology

RAM - 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 805MHz (11-11-11-28)

Motherboard - Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. GA-970A-UD3 (Socket M2)

Graphics - 1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series (XFX Pine Group)

Storage - 465GB Western Digital WDC WD5000AAKX-001CA0 ATA Device (SATA)



Submitted August 01, 2017 at 01:31AM by EphemeralSynthesis http://ift.tt/2uRPEau

No comments:

Post a Comment