Sunday 30 July 2017

Internet Slows To A Halt And Freezes Only Whilst Trying To Access Games

Hey /r/techsupport,

So I've encountered an issue that has been prevalent today, my games have stopped connecting to my internet properly they have begun to encounter a lot of lag like I have a really bad internet connection or something.

Essentially this begun happening after I flushed my dns in order to remove a bug from player unknown battlegrounds - now I can't even play overwatch and leave the spawn room without hitting 3000ms and being promptly disconnected.

I have contacted my ISP but they don't really know what is happening and are simply suggesting I get a new router - but I don't believe that is the issue as I have had no problems for ages and now all of a sudden with this change no games are working.

During regular browsing/youtube/netflix everything is fine - it's just videogames that get a super super high ping/bandwidth error for whatever reason - The youtube video I followed to fix the dns PUBG problem was this one.
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUhAN59VSpY&t=185s)

ipconfig/release
Ipconfig/all
ipconfig/flushdns
Ipconfig/renew
netsh int ip set dns
netsh winsock reset

That's what lead me to losing my connection to big games like overwatch and what has given me errors.

Any ideas? Windows 7 OS
Wireless card: Asus pce-n15 11n wireless Lan pci-e Card

I have reset router, and hard reset it, fiddled with router settings under guidance from ISP - I have made sure nothing in the house is downloading (as mentioned this kind of stuff isn't the cause I assure you). The internet basically completely drops out for everyone when trying to access these games..



Submitted July 31, 2017 at 06:09AM by Unqualified_opinions http://ift.tt/2vk5AFx

No comments:

Post a Comment