Sunday 30 July 2017

Computer Shuts off And Turns Back on Immediately

Operating System

Windows 10

Computer Specs (PSU, GPU, CPU, RAM, Motherboard)

PSU: Corsair CX 500W 80 Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

GPU: Geforce GTX 960 2GB

CPU: i5 4590 @ 3.3 GHz

RAM: 16 GB DDR3

Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC Mate ATX LGA 1150

Speccy Link

http://ift.tt/2vk5zRZ

Description of problem

My PC keeps shutting itself off and instantly turning on while gaming. I believe it is overheating, but I am not sure if it is, or what part could be the issue. My CPU temperature before shutting down is as high as 60 degrees celsius, which isn't too high to the best of my understanding.

When this issue began

It happened once over a month ago and started again 2 days ago.

Recurring issue

Yes

Date of purchase

I built the pc in January 2016.

Under Warranty

No

Cause/Steps to recreate the issue

Running games causes it to shut down. It can happen in as soon as half an hour, or it can not happen after even a few hours.

What I've tried so far to resolve the issue

I have monitored my CPU temperature, and it doesn't seem to be too high. I have checked my fans, and they seem to be working properly. I have also disabled automatic restart to see if the computer would still shut off by itself, and it does.



Submitted July 31, 2017 at 06:09AM by OXStrident http://ift.tt/2wcvhEf

No comments:

Post a Comment