Sunday 30 July 2017

Win 10 won't start, problem with boot/bcd

Hi,

Really need some help please. I was using my Win 10 pc as normal this morning when it suddenly BSOD with a store exception error. 

After rebooting it is now stuck in a repair/reboot cycle. Repair/rest doesn't work. Have tried chkdsk and dism. After some nosing around I have discovered that the primary disk now has 2 partitions on it! 

The C drive is now only 100mb is systemreserved and what was the C drive is now labelled F I can see all the files on the F drive (windows etc). I have no idea why this would have happened. 

When I try and boot with win 10 usb I get \boot\bcd error 0x000000f "the boot config data for your pc is missing or contains errors"

I've tried playing with rebuilding the bootbcd but I don't really understand it.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks



Submitted July 30, 2017 at 09:36PM by adburns http://ift.tt/2uNK7Sl

No comments:

Post a Comment