Saturday 29 July 2017

So I just built a new PC and the case wiring shorted and caused a fire. After examining product reviews a little closer, I discovered this is a common issue that the manufacturer (Rosewill) does not seem to care about. What can I do at this point?

To preface, I have already posted this in /r/buildapc, but I am not sure where this post belongs.

Yes, I am an idiot for not looking closer at the reviews (to be totally truthful, I did not order the parts and am assisting my brother with assembling the parts he ordered), but generally speaking I don't usually pay much attention to the case of all things when I'm building a PC since the specs of it are generally not that big of a deal.

What can I do about this at this point? I am trying to talk to their customer service team, but so far they have pretty much ignored my concerns as I am sure they know very well that this product is a fire hazard and have dealt with this same issue hundreds or thousands of times. They have offered to replace my case with another identical one, but I want nothing to do with it at this point.

The case and reviews in question



Submitted July 30, 2017 at 04:10AM by Predinchuk http://ift.tt/2vhxhyN

No comments:

Post a Comment