Sunday 30 July 2017

Computer speakers produce static. I've spent all weekend on this one.

My Logitech 2.1 speakers have a background of static when plugged into my computers I/O ports.

This happens with both front and rear I/O ports.

Plugging a pair of headphones into the I/O ports, and audio sounds fine. Plugging the speakers into my phone, and they sound fine.

I've tried restarting my computer, plugging speakers/computer into a variety of different outlets.

The only clue is this.

"Your front headphone impedance is equal to or higher than 110 ohms."

This message shows up regardless of what port the speakers are plugged into. The speakers have an in-line volume control. I can still hear music/games/etc. when using the speakers, just with that constant static. Turning the in-line control all the way down adjusts the volume, but doesn't adjust the volume of the background static.

The static is present during boot, so it can't be anything Windows-side.

This is making me tear my hair out.



Submitted July 30, 2017 at 10:53PM by Xombieshovel http://ift.tt/2uauIcF

No comments:

Post a Comment