Saturday 29 July 2017

My PC keeps (somewhat) randomly freezing. Please help!

So I built myself a computer earlier this year, and it's developed the problem of freezing up about 5-10 times a day. Here are some of my specs:

Windows 10 intel Core i5 6600k 16GB Ram EVGA 1080ti Corsair CXM 550w power supply

You can see my full build here: http://ift.tt/2vi9TBp

I use the computer for audio production, gaming, and when it's not doing one of those two things, it's mining cryptocurrency. At first it used to freeze about once a week. Since I installed the 1080ti and started gaming and mining the crashes have become much more frequent. It seems particularly fond of crashing when I'm gaming or mining. All my drivers are up to date. Sometimes I get the BSOD with a DPC_Watchdog_Violation error, which is also frozen at 0%, other times it just stays frozen on whatever screen I was on when it died. I've updated my chipset driver, which is the most common fix I see listed for this sort of thing. Let me know what you guys think the problem could be, I'm wondering if it's something hardware related. I know my power supply is on the small side for the rig I have, but I've still got about 100w of headroom on it. Thanks!



Submitted July 30, 2017 at 05:06AM by quixotiksound http://ift.tt/2wasJXz

No comments:

Post a Comment