Monday 31 July 2017

New PSU, boots fine after 2-3 failed attempts everytime, what could be the issue?

Recently purchased a new power supply for my Dell Optiplex 9020 as the standard 290W wasn't enough for a new GPU I installed.

I finally managed to hook it up and test it and it would power up, get to the Dell screen and then promptly shut down, and restart itself again. Queue this for 3 times (without me even touching it), and then it booted up perfectly fine. Ran smoothly without a hitch in the OS and I thought all was good.

2 hours later, powered it up and the same happened, but with a blank white over black text reading "ME Invocation Flow Error". Shuts itself down, starts up again and boots just fine the next time round.

What is the issue here and am I in any danger of ruining parts of the PC?


My system:

Dell Optiplex 9020

Intel Core i7-4790 3.6 Ghz

MSI GeForce GTX 1050

PSU: Segotep SG-D600 S.C.R



Submitted July 31, 2017 at 10:38PM by radu_sound http://ift.tt/2ucGJi6

No comments:

Post a Comment