Saturday 29 July 2017

[VHS to DVD] I think I just hugely screwed up

Not sure if this belongs here, but I'm very desperate right now.

So I wanted to copy some old VHS C tapes to DVD to preserve them. So I put the tape into a VHS adapter and watch the tape to the end, everything's good. So then I put a blank DVD R into my Samsung DVD-VR357 player while the tape was rewinded in the VCR part. Then I hit the "Copy to DVD" button on my remote, and the red record button came on. I walk away for a while, but when I came back, the tape has been ejected. I think "Okay! It's done!" But when I put the DVD in my computer, it says it's blank! Now I'm a little weirded out, so I go play the VHS tape and my heart sinks. It's entire static.

Did I ruin the the tape??? I checked the manual (page 63) and I did the exact steps necessary for a direct copy to DVD.

Can anyone see something I might have done wrong? I know for certain I pressed the "copy to DVD" button. I just can't figure it out and any help would be appreciated



Submitted July 30, 2017 at 07:53AM by Caloricfoil98 http://ift.tt/2wajmqx

No comments:

Post a Comment