Monday 31 July 2017

How can I tell what's happening during a crash?

My 64bit win7 computer will randomly lock up, no blue screen, no crash restart, just literally freeze in place. I've found that if I replace the RAM the problem will go away for a few months but will always come back. This has been an on going issue for over a year now.

Windows Reliability monitor only shows that windows was not shut down properly because I have to do a hardware restart when this issue happens. I have no way of determining the cause of this problem.

Memtest shows no errors but for whatever reason if I were to replace the RAM, like I've done in the past, the problem will go away for a few months. This is driving me nuts. Surely there's some way I can figure out what exactly is causing this problem. Its none of my other hardware because its all relatively new and has been replaced within the past year, long after the problem has been happening.

I have a proper ground going to all my outlets and I've checked voltage on my outlets. The voltage runs normal and there's no voltage on the ground at all. I've checked voltage coming from the power supply which seems to be in normal ranges. Again, I've replaced the power supply a few months back but it seems to have had no effect on the problem.

The RAM I'm using is PNY DDR3 8GB (16Gb total, two sticks). The RAM is situated in the proper slots on the mother board and the bios shows the ram to operating its correct frequency and voltage.

I'm not looking for anyone to tell me what's wrong because I sincerely doubt anyone can help me diagnose this beyond what I've already checked. What I really want to know is if there is a full proof or more reliable way of determining what's going on before a crash and if anything is acting unstable right before the system locks up.



Submitted August 01, 2017 at 06:47AM by dz93 http://ift.tt/2wfRstj

No comments:

Post a Comment