Sunday 30 July 2017

Looking for a KVM switch... but backwards.

So, thanks in advance for anyone that can help.

Long story short, I'm looking to switch between 2 stations, with separate keyboards/monitors but a single PC.

I currently have 2 PCs for gaming. The primary one is connected to 3 24" monitors and a single 22" touchscreen monitor in an obutto revolution game station. This is the one i upgrade, then use the spare parts to add to my secondary computer.

The secondary computer, about 6' away has 2 27" monitors and is at a standard desk and chair.

I also have a HTC Vive connected to the primary computer.

I have this set up so for flight/racing sims I can use the primary computer and for strategy/fps games I can use the more comfortable normal desk and chair.

This has been fine until my secondary computer requires a complete rebuild and as I already have a working pc would be keen to avoid the cost of building another pc.

I'd ideally like some sort of switch, like you can get for HDMIs so I can select say '1' and it boots up the game stations screens/keyboard/mouse

'2' for the desk based monitor etc.

'3' for the Vive, plus one of the 2 stations available.

I've been unable to find a solution and it seems fairly peculiar what I'm trying to do. Any help would be appreciated.



Submitted July 30, 2017 at 10:12PM by Dave_SimHub http://ift.tt/2wbNtOE

No comments:

Post a Comment