Sunday 30 July 2017

How do I migrate my Windows 10 Pro from HDD to SDD?

So the issue at hand is that I was stupid enough to forget all about my SSD when installing W10 on my first ever PC. So what I did was install the W10 on my HDD.

Now 7 months later I realized what a moron I've been and want to install the OS on my SSD (250gb), since it should be a lot faster.

I looked some stuff up about this subject, but I either got told to do a clean install on the SSD, or to clone the HDD to SSD.

Now, during the 7 months I've acquired 750~gb of data on my HDD so I can't really clone it to my 250gb SSD. So if I did a new, clean install on my SSD, how would it work? Would I have to take my HDD out of my PC, would I need another activation key?

Or should I just delete 500gb of games and files until I can fit it on my SSD?

Also, it's not possible to just copy paste the Windows files on the SDD, is it?

TL;DR Need help installing OS from HDD to SDD, can't just clone since HDD too much data.

e: typos and more text



Submitted July 30, 2017 at 03:18PM by sakkebam http://ift.tt/2v8r8Vn

No comments:

Post a Comment