Saturday 29 July 2017

PC randomly shutting down without warning

Hi all, My PC is very frequently randomly shutting down without warning (so no bluescreen or whatever), after that it automatically powers on again. When starting up I get the following screen (not good quality picture, but it doesn't say anything interesting anyways).

I have no clue why this is happening, but I tried the following things already: * Checked all cables for being loose or being in touch with something else. Nothing there.

  • Checked for overheating. My PC was really cool and silent, so shouldn't be the problem.

  • Checked for power supply issues. So I had this problem before where my PC would need 480 watts when I had a 500 watts power supply, so it tended to crash when playing high end games. The difference is that when that happened my PC wouldn't turn itself on again. Also it happens when doing nothing at all, so it should never exceed the 750watts from my power supply. (Current PC spec will be below)

  • PC was not connected directly to the wall, tried that still the shut down happened.

  • Used a virus and a malware scan, found nothing.

  • Took a look at the Reliability History. The only thing I found was "Windows unexpectedly stopped" (translated, don't know the exact message in English), it doesn't include any other info. There are no crashlogs either.

If anyone has any ideas of what the problem might be, please let me know. I build the PC myself and it ran perfect for 1.5 months (that's when I last changed parts).

Thanks in advance! (Edited the messed up format)

Specs:

  • Intel 7700K processor (with cooler master cooler)

  • MSI Nvidia gtx 770

  • Corsair vengeance 2x8GB DDR4

  • Cooler Master G750M

  • Asus Xonar DSX

  • MSI Z270 SLI PLUS motherboard

  • Sandisk 120GB SSD (windows installed on this one)

  • Seagate 2TB HDD



Submitted July 30, 2017 at 02:20AM by ghostmilan http://ift.tt/2v7fKbW

No comments:

Post a Comment