Sunday 30 July 2017

My laptop failed to boot multiple times yesterday, eventually it did boot and has been fine ever since. Any idea what might have caused this?

Operating System

Windows 8.1

Computer Specs (PSU, GPU, CPU, RAM, Motherboard)

Toshiba L-500-C

Operating System

Windows 8.1 64-bit

CPU

AMD K1651 °C

Carrizo-L 28nm Technology

RAM

8.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-12-28)

Motherboard

AMD Gardenia (Socket FP4)

Graphics

Generic PnP Monitor (1366x768@60Hz)

1024MB ATI AMD Radeon R4 Graphics (Toshiba)43 °C

2048MB ATI AMD Radeon R5 M330 (Toshiba)

CrossFire Disabled

Storage

931GB TOSHIBA MQ01ABD100 (SATA)24 °C

Optical Drives

TSSTcorp CDDVDW SU-208GB

WinCDEmu drive

WinCDEmu drive

Audio

Razer Surround Audio Controller

Speccy Link

N/A

Description of problem

I put my laptop into hibernation on Saturday night and then went to turn it on on Sunday. The lights at the front of the laptop as well as the power, capslock and numlock all litup. I could hear the fan and the screen was blank but either was turning on and off rapidly or it was the backlit doing so, not entirely sure. I could hear a faint clicking noise as though the computer was repeatedly trying to boot but couldn't get past the 1st step. I turned it off and on about 4 or 5 times with the same result. Eventually it booted normally and has been fine ever since.

When this issue began

When I turned it on on Sunday.

Recurring issue

No

Date of purchase

2015

Under Warranty

No

Cause/Steps to recreate the issue

I put it into hibernation on Saturday night and the problem occurred on Sunday when I went to start it up.

What I've tried so far to resolve the issue

Turning it off and on eventually solved the issue. I still have no idea what happened or if it will happen again.



Submitted July 31, 2017 at 05:24AM by superegz http://ift.tt/2wcEYTf

No comments:

Post a Comment