Monday 31 July 2017

Questions on switching hard drives

Hello everyone,

I don't know if this is the correct sub for this but I do think it is the closest I am going to get. I currently have a Windows 8 gaming build with a single 1TB hard drive. I have recently subbed to a video game matchmaking service (CS:GO - ESEA) that has very intrusive anti-cheat. It scans your system, RAM, browser use, etc from as long as your computer is running (the client can be closed but it still scans). This is not ok on my system that has personal info and such. What I plan on doing about this is to take a second hard drive I had laying around (Windows 7) and download the ESEA client and my gaming-only programs onto it. I plan to switch my drives everytime I play this game. So my questions:

  1. Will this damage my computer in any way to constantly be unplugging and plugging in these drives?

  2. Is there a way to format my drive while keeping windows 7 on it?

  3. Any other alternatives to this system?

Thanks, Mannaboi

Edit: 4. Also, are there any flaws I may be missing in this system?



Submitted July 31, 2017 at 07:08PM by Mannaboi http://ift.tt/2tQFyW1

No comments:

Post a Comment