Saturday 29 July 2017

Is there anything like a "history" in a microSD card?

I took my phone in to have the screen replaced. The tech guy came out to tell me he had to do a hard reset on my phone to see if that fixed the problem. Ok, sure, I knew that was coming. Then he told me he needed to flash the phone to see if it work. ok, sure, you've already wiped the damn thing. That still didn't work, so it had to be sent out. Before I leave with the shitty loaner phone, he runs out to give me my memory card. I, of course, completely forgot it was in there. The phone is 3 years old. I put it in there on day 1 and it's never left.

I got my phone back today. My memory card was at home and I had a party to go to so I didn't put it in right away. I mean, what regular, non-techy person would think to check it. I've reset a phone before, you do have to make sure that you choose not to erase the memory card, too. If I, the totally un-tech, know that, shouldn't he have known that too? I mean, that's what he does ALL DAY LONG is reset peoples' phones. Anyway, the memory card is completely wiped. Everything I had on there is gone.

I know I didn't reset the phone before I handed it over. Is there a way to check and see the last time the card was "reset"? Do they keep information like that? Luckily, I had most of the important stuff backed up to my OneDrive, but this is their 2nd fuck up and I feel like raising a little hell even if it doesn't get me anywhere, but I'm not into falsely accusing people. I am certain though, that he did it. LIke....99.998% sure.



Submitted July 30, 2017 at 11:18AM by QueenSassyPants http://ift.tt/2vUr4Gb

No comments:

Post a Comment