Saturday 29 July 2017

Windows 10 tries to login to a nonexistent account on startup.

Every time my computer boots windows tries to login into a user account that, near as I can tell, doesn't exist, at least not locally anyhow. Using command prompt and the command "net user" yields only my account plus the Default Account, Administrator, and Guest accounts. This mystery account is also not visible in any settings menu. What the hell is going on? My best guess is that it's whats left over from a Microsoft account I used to use before I switched to a local one and closed my account, not just on the machine like actually closed it with Microsoft. I solved this before by setting up my local account to not have a password but now I want to do some remote stuff and a password is needed for that. I should also add that if I sign out of my account the mystery account is not visible on the login page



Submitted July 30, 2017 at 03:46AM by icecoldrum http://ift.tt/2vhLlZ2

No comments:

Post a Comment