Saturday 29 July 2017

Plugged in my Rift via HDMI, got BSOD, now PC won't post and getting a variety of codes from my mobo. Can use all the help I can get

Hi all,

First off, I appreciate any and all help you might be able to provide...

My system, that has been absolutely bullet proof up until last night, basically crapped out after plugging in my Oculus Rift to my HDMI port on my PC and has been unable to boot into Windows and now, unable to even boot into the BIOS.

I'm at a loss and have done an extensive amount of googling and combing through forums and still can't figure out what's going on. My current system is as follows:

  • Gigabyte GAZ77-UD5h Wifi
  • i7 3770k (overclocked to 4.4 w/ Hyper Evo 212 cooler)
  • EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
  • 16gb DDR3 Corsair Vengance Memory
  • Corsair TX750 PSU
  • Windows 10 Home 64

I initially was able to get PC to attempt to boot into Windows but then got the error message that "startup repair couldn't repair your pc". Upon reboot I started getting an error code of 62 (could have been b2) which related to the GPU. Assuming the GPU was fried I removed it and used my onboard graphics. This didn't fix the issue and was starting to get hung up on codes of A9, A2, A6, 99, b6, and probably a couple others I didn't write down.

Some times I was able to boot into BIOS, sometimes I wasn't. Tried repairing Windows and it would fail every time. I've tested removing all but one stick of ram (even swapped positions & sticks), unplugged all extraneous drives and peripherals, tried booting with no SSD or HDD, cleared CMOS, flashed BIOS, removed CMOS battery... all to no avail.

I'm now at the point where each attempt at booting up now only gives me an error code 32 (CPU PCI Initialization) or error code 15 (Pre Memory North Bridge) and continually shuts own before I can even get into the BIOS. Every once in a while I get a different code and can finally get into BIOS but when I try to load defaults and reboot I get the Windows error and have to reboot and get the same 32 or 15 error again.

Is my mobo toast? Does this sound like a CPU issue? I'm at a total loss and have reached the limits of my knowledge base and skill level.

Thanks again for any help and sorry for the long post.

Cheers!



Submitted July 30, 2017 at 05:56AM by Chucky_Cheesus http://ift.tt/2waFWiY

No comments:

Post a Comment