Sunday 30 July 2017

Gave my Yoga 900 to Geek Squad for battery maintenance, they called today to tell me my laptop blue screened and my m.2 port isn't reading at all. What do I do?

So like the title says, I've had this laptop for less than a year and it was getting about 4 of the 9 hours battery life it advertised. I drove to Geek Squad because my mom thought getting the protection plan was a good idea, explained my problem, gave them the laptop and left, hoping to pick it up 2 days from now. I got a call at about 7:50AM or so today saying that they had goofed up the maintenance and that my laptop's m.2 (the only storage supported by the laptop) was no longer reading. They sent it off to the manufacturer to see what they could do but it's likely not going to come back fixed considering its an issue with the motherboard itself. Since it was the geek squad agent's error, what does this mean for me? Can I get restitution for my now gimped laptop?



Submitted July 31, 2017 at 07:30AM by the_bath http://ift.tt/2ubp36m

No comments:

Post a Comment