Saturday 29 July 2017

Taskbar and Network Settings Freezing

Operating System

Windows 10

Computer Specs (PSU, GPU, CPU, RAM, Motherboard)

GTX 1060 6GB

Ryzen 1700x

16GB Ram

MSI X370 SLI PLUS

Speccy Link

http://ift.tt/2wa15cX

Description of problem

After a while of use (1-4 hours), my task bar and network settings will freeze up. My start button doesn't work, but a window pops up for a second when I click it, then disappears. I can still switch between programs in the task bar though. I have an ethernet connection and mobile hotspot running to give the rest of my devices WiFi. (Only my phone and Apple TV which isn't connected 99% of the time.)

When this issue began

When I started using ethernet for internet. (Can't use WiFi as the signal from the router doesn't reach.)

Recurring issue

Yes

Date of purchase

6/12/17

Under Warranty

Yes

Cause/Steps to recreate the issue

It's mostly spontaneous, but use the computer for a little while, then click the network settings icon in the task bar. The window pops up but just with an airplane mode icon to click, the other icons have disappeared. When you click off of that it freezes the task bar.

What I've tried so far to resolve the issue

Killing explorer, which works but then my network icon disappears. I can't access the network settings in the windows settings while this happens either.



Submitted July 30, 2017 at 06:55AM by illuminatedtech http://ift.tt/2vhHCuF

No comments:

Post a Comment