Monday 31 July 2017

Acer aspire 5742 shuts down after 2 seconds

My Acer Aspire 5742 shuts down, loses power 5 - 25 seconds after powering on. :(
It started when I was playing a video game and the laptop suddenly shut down. I thought it was overheating, so I let it cool down. About an hour later I turned it on and it boot normally, but 45 min. later the laptop shut down again. Next time I tried, it turned off 20, 5 minutes, then 30, 20 seconds later. In those 20 s after pressing the power button no errors or beeps occur, just the Acer logo screen. I even get past Acer logo sometimes or go to Bios password prompt if i press F2, just before laptop powers off. This all happened in the course of a few hours, laptop was working fine beforehand, no overheating (think so cause games lagged when laptop was overheating previously). If I turn it on again, just after it powered off, the laptop shuts down in 7 seconds, as opposed to 25 seconds if i leave it alone for a while. Also, according to task manager CPU and RAM usage is normal when shut down happens.



Submitted July 31, 2017 at 06:53PM by P1ri1 http://ift.tt/2tWq9rk

No comments:

Post a Comment