Thursday 31 August 2017

Signal loss and crash instances shortly after running games

Operating System

Windows 10

Computer Specs (PSU, GPU, CPU, RAM, Motherboard)

Seasonic G-650EVGA GTX 570i5-2400 @ 3.10 GHz8GB RAMIntel Sandy Bridge H67

Speccy Link

http://ift.tt/2wq2i1b

Description of problem

Hey everyone,I’ve had an ongoing issue PC for quite a while now. I’ve tried fixing it myself but unfortunately haven’t had any success, which is why I’m now hoping that someone else could guide me and provide insight to get this resolved.To get straight to the issue, when playing games my monitor will flicker to a black screen and the monitor will report that the signal has been lost. The issue varies slightly from game to game though; for example, with Rocket League this will occur five seconds after reaching the menu screen, then after the monitor has reported “signal lost” the game will tab out to Windows, tab back into the menu and keep repeating that process. In another game I’ll get as far as into loading a match and shortly afterwards the screen will turn to black. In each case the computer keeps running, an audio loop can be heard and the keyboard locks up. Sometimes it will crash hard enough to simply restart the computer, otherwise I just have to hold the power button and turn the computer on again.This issue has gradually seemed to have got worse over a few months. Originally it would only happen for Rocket League exclusively every few times that I tried to run the game; now I can’t get it past the menu screen at all. Then the issue has gradually started to occur on other games also.Any help would be massively appreciated!

When this issue began

Around 6 months ago on a minimal level but has gradually become worse.

Recurring issue

Yes

Date of purchase

N/A

Under Warranty

No

Cause/Steps to recreate the issue

Run a game, wait for a menu, match or level to load.

What I've tried so far to resolve the issue

Upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10.Tried different cables from my PC to monitor.Cleaned the inside of the PC.Ran DDU and used a clean install of my GPU drivers.Reseated my GPU and RAM.Checked temperatures for the GPU.Disabled “Hardware Acceleration” in Flash.Applied a TdrDelay Regedit change.Underclocking my GPU as it was factory overclocked.



Submitted August 31, 2017 at 05:37PM by Slyzeroth http://ift.tt/2wL7CyO

No comments:

Post a Comment