Wednesday 30 August 2017

Right mouse buttons don't work correctly in certain games.

I’ve got a problem that’s been plaguing me for a long time that I am finally fed up with. As stated in the title the issue lies in the rmb. For some games the rmb does not register clicks or I need to double click the rmb for it to work. I’m not sure but I don’t think it’s a hardware problem as the rmb works fine in game when I switch the lmb and rmb in settings. This issue persist with any mouse that I plug into my computer. There is no issue with the rmb outside of gaming i.e browsing, reading, video player.

In the games where the rmb is not registered, holding rmb while moving the mouse will not move the screen. However, when I release rmb the screen snaps to where I moved it to. Some games where the issue happens are Fallout 4, Cod AW, Quantum Break, and Shadow of Mordor. The issue does not exist in Overwatch, GTA 5, Skyrim, Watch Dogs 2, Cod Blops 3.

I tried using ShellExView and disabling all third party applications but to no avail. Using the browser mouse event tester page, I’ve noticed that the rmb does not register mousedown when I click the button, but registers mousedown and mouseup the moment I release the button. Switched lmb and rmb in settings fixes this. Booting into safe mode does not fix the problem

I am using windows 10 with a 1070 (no OC) and the main mouse that I am using is the gigabyte m7 thor. All help and advice will be greatly appreciated. Sorry for any poor English and thank you for your time.



Submitted August 30, 2017 at 09:40PM by linalt http://ift.tt/2vKuDgC

No comments:

Post a Comment