Thursday 31 August 2017

Losing video input when gaming

Hi /r/techsupport, so since last night I'm currently experiencing issues with losing video input when trying to game. It first happened randomly when I was mid race in Assetto Corsa, I randomly lost video input and heard a Windows pop up error sound. I had no way to go back to my desktop so I had to hard reset my PC and everything is working fine on. So I try once again to go back to racing and once my race loads I lose video input again and hear the Windows pop up sound again. I'm thinking WTF. So next boot I try to play some Witcher 3 and once the game loads up to the menu I lose input and get the Windows error sound. So the next boot I end up trying Minecraft and for some odd reason I'm able to play that. So I do some Google searching and see it may be a GPU or PSU issue but I hope that isn't the case.

Some of the solutions I've tried were switching out input cables and took out my GPU and put it back in. I'm currently not connected to the internet on this PC due to being over a data cap so I'm unable to check for a driver update.

My specs are: ASUS Z-170 Pro Gaming i5-6600K(Stock clock atm) Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200MHz Gigabyte GTX 970 Xtreme Gaming EVGA Supernova NEX650G 80+ Gold

Rig is only a little over a year old but I'm hoping this is a driver issue in which I can check tomorrow when my data resets.



Submitted August 31, 2017 at 11:26PM by ThtsDirty http://ift.tt/2vIyVGt

No comments:

Post a Comment