Thursday 31 August 2017

Using 15m HDMI cable. Image loads up during boot up, loses picture when login screen should appear. Switching to 2m HDMI cable bring the picture up. What is wrong?

Using :

a Palit 1080ti GPU Sony 1080/4K TV screen (neither 4k or 1080p work, image shows if I use shorter cable)

Worked before with 10m cable too. Is the cable too long for this image?

Is there a setting to give more power to the HDMI port maybe?

UPDATE and another question at the end:

I can't, I'm changing out the Wired Steam Link setup in my lounge to a HDMI/USB repeater setup, failure not an option.

I've managed to get it working at 2160p 60hz

With Sony TVs there is an option to

'Enhance 4K signal - displays high quality HDMI signals on HDMI inputs 2 and 3 on the back of the TV. Select this option if your device supports High Quality HDMI formats such as: 4K 60p 4:2:0 10bit, 4:4:4, 4:2:2.'

Or

Have 'Standard Format'

What's weird is that was in my TV in my room, which is the same TV I'm using now, had this option enabled when using a 10m cable with the same specs. It was also enabled for the Amazon Fire TV (4k version). But with this, having the enchanted option on, it wouldn't give a signal.

Turning it off seems to have made it work and I am getting 2160p with 60hz.

Now I'm wondering what this option even does if the picture looks so good with it off.

Any ideas?



Submitted August 31, 2017 at 11:26PM by blaaaahhhhh http://ift.tt/2xBoy8A

No comments:

Post a Comment