Thursday 31 August 2017

Ram slot stopped working all of the sudden - What could the cause be?

Hello,

I was playing BF1 when suddenly my computer crashed, I assume it was a BSOD but after 5 minutes of staring at the frozen screen I rebooted manually. When the computer tried to start again it was stuck in a boot-loop. I looked at the motherboard display (asrock-z77) and it displayed code 55, i.e. 'Memory not installed' so I took out one ram-block, tried rebooting and it started up fine. I tried putting it back in the same block, but that made the boot-loop come back. I then put it into the ram-slot right next to it (B1), which means the ram-blocks are now located in A2-B1. I am just curious as to what could have caused this?

Edit: And is there anyway I can fix that ramslot or is it just broken now?



Submitted August 31, 2017 at 07:34PM by sillyram1 http://ift.tt/2xP2kPB

No comments:

Post a Comment