Thursday 31 August 2017

[Windows] Acer Predator 15 experiencing issues after HP Printer tech connected remotely to PC to assist with printer installation

Occasionally my HP ENVY wireless printer fails to update and I have to have HP remotely connect to my PC to assist with a full re-installation. Typically this entails them ending a bunch of tasks and making tons of adjustments that I don't understand. This last time the tech connected to my computer, it took him 1 hour to make the changes and i had to give him a ton of administrator privileges in order to make changes. Now I am slowly noticing issues. First off, my NUM Lock key no longer shows an animation on my screen when locking and unlocking the numeric pad. This is a small inconvenience, but I have been dealing with it. The button still works, just doesn't show any sign of doing anything when pressed. In addition, I saw that he had disabled Steam. Being a gamer, that really agitated me, so i figured out how to enable the app so i could play games again. Third, predator sense doesn't work anymore. The app simply refuses to load. I click on it and then it animates like its going to start up, but nothing happens! I need this to work in order to adjust my processor speeds and to check my temperatures! The last time all of this happened, i ended up backing up my whole computer and reinstalling EVERYTHING from my recovery drive. I really dont want to have to do this again. Any ideas on how i can fix this? I am computer savvy, so explaining wont require much. I have searched my laptop for any signs of LogMeIn, which is the program I believe they used to connect with my PC and i have come up with nothing thus far. Also, my computer is only about 3 months old, so age shouldn't be a problem.



Submitted August 31, 2017 at 02:00PM by Razorx92 http://ift.tt/2x7nHP0

No comments:

Post a Comment