Wednesday 30 August 2017

Troubles with installing the AMD display driver (Windows Kernel Security Check Error)

I'm trying to install the AMD driver for my graphics card. The installation almost completes but as soon as the system switches to the new driver, I get a screen full of blue noise and the system reboots. After this the system will permanently reboot straight into a KernelSecurityCheck-Error.

To fix this I need to boot into save mode once and deinstall the driver. After that, Windows boots normally again, but will be using "mircrosoft basic display driver" instead.

When I try to install the display driver in safe mode, I get a driver signature error, which is very weird.

I'm using Windows 8.1 Pro and the Graphics Card is a R9 270x. I haven't bothered with games yet, but the card(default driver) is driving the display without problems (videos and such). Never had any troubles with the card before this incident,random crashes or artifacts and such. However, the OS is fresh, since I had to switch to a new motherboard recently.

I'm worried, that there might be a hardware problem. What do you guys suggest?



Submitted August 31, 2017 at 02:32AM by Shrubberer http://ift.tt/2x7dC4R

No comments:

Post a Comment