Wednesday 30 August 2017

CCleaner Killed my Laptop

Just got a brand new Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming laptop. Decided to install CCleaner because it worked really well on my PC back home. I'm not all that smart about computers but I decided I wanted to do a deep clean (which in hindsight was useless because it's brand new and didn't have any files anyways) so I checked every single box. I check marked all of them. Just sorta hoping that if there were any useless files that came with the laptop would all just be thrown out (this is just the free version of CCleaner btw.) As it was cleaning, it said it was gonna take about 2 hours to finish. About halfway through, my laptop just shut itself down and when I turned it back on it said it had turned off incorrectly and asked me if I want to restart it again so I did. Then when it booted back up I had that windows 10 loading circle, the one with all the dots. But a totally black screen other than that. It wasn't doing anything so I thought it might have froze so I manually turned it back off. Then when I turned it it was just a black screen. But it was dead, I could still use my mouse and I could change the brightness so that tells me it's technically working. I think CCleaner uninstalled windows 10 and since it's a laptop I have no idea how I'm going to reinstall it. That might be the issue but I'm not totally sure. I'm going to take it to the IT people at my university but if anyone knows how to fix it that would save me a lot of money. Thanks!



Submitted August 30, 2017 at 09:04PM by xxTheTAC32xx http://ift.tt/2wiYMHJ

No comments:

Post a Comment