Thursday 31 August 2017

Trying to add an SSD to my PC that runs on HDD. Plugged in SSD, turned on computer, nothing happened!

Not sure what to do here. I added the SATA to the mobo/SSD and placed it somewhere in the computer. I added the PSU cable to the SSD. Nice!

Then I turn on my PC. I want to install Windows 10 (running win7 on my HDD) on my SSD. However, turning it on just runs win7 on my HDD and when I go to MY COMPUTER, it doesn't show my SSD anywhere. I have a USB stick that should have win10 on it since I used MediaCreationTool to add win10 to it.

Confused. i have a gigabyte mobo if that helps. Goal is to run OS and most programs from SSD, with my HDD still there for data and maybe other programs as backup.

My HDD is Disk0 with partitions C and D (C is OS, D is everything else). In Disk management, I saw my SSD as Disk1 and initialized it. it is now Drive B.

Should I switch my SSD to C and then the HDD to some other letters? will that cause trouble? how would I do that?



Submitted August 31, 2017 at 11:23AM by drippingthighs http://ift.tt/2eGXX1V

No comments:

Post a Comment