Thursday 31 August 2017

Corrupted data on IDE drive

We have an old PC in the house from maybe the early 2000's. We were using it up until about 07, and haven't used it since. However, it does have a lot of old family photos on.

Recently I tried to boot up the PC to no avail. Open up the casing, and most of the component "blocks" were rusted and very loose. Wonderful. I strip everything down and manage to remove the IDE drive. Thankfully, there is no damage on this at all and it looks to be in fine working condition.

After a request on here on the best way to get data off this drive, I purchase an IDE enclosure and hook the whole thing up to my PC. The drive is whirring away fine, my PC recognises that the drive is connected - but it says the data is corrupted.

Any way at all to get the data off this drive? Any software to "uncorrupt" the data? Any help is appreciated.



Submitted August 31, 2017 at 05:34PM by nahtn http://ift.tt/2wqjaFa

No comments:

Post a Comment