Wednesday 30 August 2017

Unable to use hard drives or configure them in Windows Storage Spaces

I set up the drives as a striped pool in Storage Spaces but my computer crashed and I reinstalled Windows on another drive.

Now my 2 striped HDDs show up in Storage Spaces but I'm unable to configure them. Clicking "Change Settings" just grays out and does nothing like in the screenshot.

I am also able to see my drives via BIOS (AHCI), Device Manager, and WD's diagnostic tool, however I'm not able to see the hard drives in Disk Management, File Explorer, or diskpart via cmd.

Not sure what to do. I need to configure the drives so I can see them in the File Explorer, but clicking "Change Settings" just grays out and doesn't allow me to do anything.

The drives pass a SAFE test and are working properly according to Device Manager.



Submitted August 31, 2017 at 03:05AM by SynesthesiaBrah http://ift.tt/2x6Kef7

No comments:

Post a Comment